Education Volunteer Opportunities
- Sales and Fittings, mostly weekends, May thru October, mostly Bike Sat/Sun (Seward Park) and City of Seattle Comm. Ctrs).
- Pickup/Dropoff of helmets at sales --no special training needed. We just need you to help us transport helmets in your car (to/from City of Seattle Community Centers (Rainier Beach, West Seattle, Queen Anne, Meadowbrook, Garfield, Greenlake)and the Cascade Office one day per month (May-Sept), and to/from Seward Park and Cascade office 2 days per month (May-Sept).
- Helmet fitting training provided
Helmet Sale Volunteer Coordinator
- Help coordinate volunteers for sales, April-Sept.
Bike Safety Rodeos for Kids
- Help run the rodeos, intermittent events, usually May-July.
- Training provided.
- Give safety tips to kids at school assemblies, weekdays.
- Must wear a costume and have a good sense of humor.
- To teens or adults on a variety of bike-related topics (intermittent).
- Staff a table or booth at a fair- intermittent
Education Program Managers
- Take a lead role in managing volunteers or arranging programs or coordinating fundraising in a specific area -call for details
- Teach classes in the Cascade Urban Cycling Program, based on the League of American Bicyclist's curriculum.
- Requires completion of our "Tips and Tricks for Urban Cycling" 12-hour class, and a 4-hour instructor training session.
Cascade Bicycle Club Education Foundation
7400 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle WA 98115