Cascade Bicycle Club, founded in 1970, is the largest bicycle club in the United States with more than 14,000 members in the Puget Sound region. Cascade produces eight annual events, including three marquee events:
- Seattle Bicycle Expo - the third largest consumer bicycle show in the nation
- Bike Month - one of the largest celebrations of bicycle commuting in the country
- Group Health Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic (Group Health STP) - the largest multi-day bicycle event in the Northwest
Cascade promotes bicycling for transportation, recreation and health - providing over 1,000 free rides annually. Cascade is a non-profit organization, directed by a board of 11 elected volunteer directors and 23 professional staff. The Cascade Bicycle Club Education Foundation, a 501c3 organization, promotes bicycling safety and skills throughout Washington State.
Under 25: 9%
25 - 40: 35%
40 - 50: 32%
Below $60,000: 39%
Above $60,000: 61%
Q: Why should you sponsor?
A: develop publicity opportunities
A: create, change, or reinforce your brand image
A: hone in on a niche market
A: develop unique incentive packages and themed promotions for retailer, dealers, employees, and/or distributors
A: showcase product attributes
A: differentiate your product or service from your competitors
Consider these facts from IEG:
Sponsorship spending is growing faster (9.6%) than both advertising (5.8%) and promotion (6.8%) spending.
In 2004, sponsorship spending in North America exceeded $11.11 billion, an 8.4% increase over 2003. Sports properties account for 69% of sponsorship spending.
Global sponsorship spending has increased from $7 billion in 1991 to $19.2 billion in 1999
From 1985 to 1998, U.S. Corporate sponsorship spending increased 700%
Cascade events present a perfect sponsorship venue for companies interested in niche marketing opportunities for the active lifestyle market. Cascade event sponsorships benefits include:
- Promotional Rights: title opportunities, official designations, category exclusivity, logo use
- Visibility: on-site ID, merchandise ID, editorial coverage, couponing, advertising
- Access: product sampling, sales, contests, signage, mailings, customer surveying
- Impressions: broadcast, print, and Web site
- Incentives: event passes for clients, customers, dealers, distributors and more
For information on sponsorship opportunities, contact:
Cascade Bicycle Club
PO Box 15165
7400 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115